Saturday, September 03, 2005

Roll On Columbia Roll On

I am using a friends computer in Hood River, Oregon. I just typed out this entry, hit spell check and lost everything I had typed. I have been here at the confluents of the Hood River and the Columbia River, visiting my friends Randee and Dave. We hiked today through the woods to a beautiful waterfall, the Falls Creek Falls. I hope to post some pictures but haven't been able to transfer my photos from my camera to Dave's computer. I will try to post some tomorrow.

My prayers go out to all those who have suffered as a result of the hurricane. I am surprised we are not invading the Vatican, to stop God in his tracks, to avert further attacks on our country and our lifestyle. After all, who wants to take the time to seek true solutions to the root of our problems, when we can attack phantoms and carry the delusion of freedom and democracy to the oppressed.

I happened across a video on cable today with the Dalai Lama in the US last year, sharing a stage with Dennis Kucinich, Al Sharpton (what is he doing in discussions of national and international politics anyway?) and a woman who started an organization in Washington D.C. to try to reduce the threat of nuclear contamination. I only caught the tail end, but was impressed by the Dalai Lama's insight into the childlike nature of Americans. He noted that we clap and cheer when we hear things we like, but that we don't think, what that really means and how can I manifest my part in that.

More later.

Peace, Alan

No comments: