Monday, March 27, 2006

What a weekend


Started on Thursday with Clown Class. I am letting go of old comfortable aspects of my clown and opening up to new unexplored areas of Sir Jello's psyche. It's exciting, scary and frustrating. Made some breakthroughs doing exercises to discover possible material for our performance pieces.

Thursday night, and the rest of the weekend I tuned into the NCAA basketball tournament. This is my favorite sports event of the year. I've watched very little basketball this year, so I'm seeing good teams for the first and last times. I loved watching the lowest seed ever to make it to the final four, George Mason University (seeded 11) beat mighty University of Connecticut (seeded 1). I had to record it and watch it when I got home in the evening.

Sunday afternoon, while the game was live I went to Auburn to see and hear the St. Petersburg String Quartet. The are considered one of the best String Quartets in the world. I haven't listened to that much classical music but have always been drawn to chamber music. I love the simplicity of instrumentation and my ability to hear the interplay between the few instruments. This was one incredible concert. I have never experienced such beauty of sound. I don't know how much was their excellence and how much was my ability to hear with fuller consciousness, as a result of my healing and growth in the past couple of years.

In addition to that we at the Hippie Museum project seem to be making slow progress in getting a solid foundation for building towards the future.

I've also started reading and am going to be following the guidance through the exercises of "The Artist's Way - A Spiritual Path to Higher Creativity" by Julia Cameron. I'll leave you with this quote:

"I myself do nothing. The Holy Spirit accomplishes all through me."
-- William Blake

No comments: