Saturday, August 13, 2005

Get Ready, Get Set, Go

Hello. This is amazing. I can't believe I am actually doing this. I have been imagining it for awhile. I am going to keep this post simple as I have no idea how this is going to look. I am in the setup phase and haven't seen anything in it's final form.

Let's start with a prayer to guide this project/process:

"God, I offer myself to Thee, -- to build with me and to do with me as Thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self, that I may better do Thy will. Take away my difficulties, that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of Thy Power, Thy Love, and Thy Way of life. May I do Thy will always!"

In the name of Christ Jesus and the Christ in me, Amen

Well, I have no idea who will see this or what it will mean. I am going to share with you whatever is living in me at the moment. Sometimes it will be totally foolish, sometimes there may be a little wisdom, and sometimes it might not make the least bit of sense. I just turned 57 years old five days ago. I once doubted that I would live past 30, thanks to Richard Nixon and his madness. I have been on a long, strange trip as the Grateful Dead so poetically expressed. I have lived a very full and unusual life and I feel it necessary to share my experience before I leave this planet. So this is the beginning.

I am not a writer, so this part might be quite rough and cumbersome at times. I am a comedian so hopefully it will sometimes bring a chuckle and god willing, even a guffaw now and then.

My last bit before I post this and see what this is going to look like:

Why did the chicken cross the road? Who the hell knows, but he did.

Peace,

Alan

No comments: